Dual lumen microcatheters (DLMC) have become indispensable tools in the setting of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) of chronic total occlusion (CTO). Other than allowing preservation and treatment of bifurcated coronary branches within or in the proximity of the CTO-body, they enable the use of modified parallel wiring, antegrade dissection and re-entry, collateral selection and retrograde negotiation of the distal CTO-cap. This Euro-CTO consensus document describes current DLMCs and suggests a practical guide to anatomies and techniques in which these devices are applicable.
2. U.O.C. Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Promozione della Salute, Materno-Infantile, di Medicina Interna e Specialistica di Eccellenza (ProMISE) "G. D'Alessandro", A.O.U. Policlinico Paolo Giaccone, Università degli Studi, Palermo
3. Medizinische Klinik I (Cardiology & Intensive Care), Klinikum Darmstadt GmbH, Darmstadt, Germany
4. Department of Interventional Cardiology, Clinique Pasteur, Essey-lès-nancy, France
5. Department of Cardiology, San Giovanni Bosco Hospital, ASL Città di Torino, Turin, Italy
6. Department of Cardiology, Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
7. Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
8. Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre Niederrhein, Helios Clinics Krefeld, Germany
9. AHEPA University General Hospital of Thessaloniki, 1st Cardiology Department, Thessaloniki, Greece
10. Humanitas Clinical and Research Center IRCCS, Rozzano (Milan), Italy
11. Division of Cardiology, C.A.S.T., Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria "Policlinico-S. Marco", University of Catania, Catania, Italy
12. St. Johannes-Hospital, Dortmund, Germany
13. Ramsay Générale de Santé, Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Massy, France
14. Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Acıbadem University, Istanbul, Turkey
15. Sussex Cardiac Centre, Brighton, UK
16. Hospital Clinico San Carlos IDISSC, Complutense University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
17. Klinik Kardiologie Augusta Krankenhaus, Düsseldorf, Germany
18. Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Interventions, Institute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Kraków, Poland. Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Interventions, University Hospital, Kraków Poland
19. Structural Interventional Cardiology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
20. Division of Cardiology and Angiology II, University Heartcenter Freiburg - Bad Krozingen, Germany
As a public service to our readership, this article - peer reviewed by the Editors of EuroIntervention and external reviewers - has been published immediately upon acceptance as it was received in the last round of revision. The content of this article is the responsibility of the authors.
Please note that supplementary movies are not available online at this stage. Once a paper is published in its edited and formatted form, it will be accompanied online by any supplementary movies.
To read the full content of this article, please log in to download the PDF.
Sign in to read and download the full articleForgot your password?
Join us for free and access thousands of articles from EuroIntervention, as well as presentations, videos, cases from PCRonline.com