Percutaneous left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) may be technically challenging in very large left atrial appendages (LAAs) that exceed the maximal dimensions that can be occluded with a single LAAO device. In this setting, a double device technique may be employed(1-4). This study assesses the safety and feasibility of a double LAmbre technique in patients with wide-ostium LAAs, including all cases currently reported to the manufacturer worldwide.
2. Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Salamanca, Institute of Biomedical Research or Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain, Spain
3. Cardiology Department, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona. Institut d'Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS), Barcelona, Spain.
4. Interventional Cardiology Department, University Hospital Virgen del Rocío, Seville, Spain.
5. Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China.
6. Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical University, Guangdong, China.
7. Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China. Centre Medical Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China.
As a public service to our readership, this article - peer reviewed by the Editors of EuroIntervention and external reviewers - has been published immediately upon acceptance as it was received in the last round of revision. The content of this article is the responsibility of the authors.
Please note that supplementary movies are not available online at this stage. Once a paper is published in its edited and formatted form, it will be accompanied online by any supplementary movies.
To read the full content of this article, please log in to download the PDF.
Sign in to read and download the full articleForgot your password?
Join us for free and access thousands of articles from EuroIntervention, as well as presentations, videos, cases from PCRonline.com