2. Fu Wai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Beijing, China
3. Affiliated Tangdu Hospital of the Air Force Medical University, Xi'an, China
4. Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Haerbin Medical University, Haerbin, China
5. Affiliated Changhai Hospital of the Navy Medical University, Shanghai, China
6. Affiliated Xijing Hospital of the Air Force Medical University
7. Jilin University First Hospital
8. NO. 960 Hospital of PLA, Jinan, China
9. Pingdu People’s Hospital, Pingdu, China
10. NO. 463 Hospital of PLA, Shenyang, China
11. Xinxiang Central Hospital, Xinxiang, China
12. NO. 252 Hospital of PLA, Baoding, China
13. Cangzhou Central Hospital, Cangzhou, China
14. Shengjing Hospital, Shenyang, China
As a public service to our readership, this article - peer reviewed by the Editors of EuroIntervention - has been published immediately upon acceptance as it was received. The content of this article is the sole responsibility of the authors, and not that of the journal or its publishers.
Please note that supplementary movies are not available online at this stage. Once a paper is published in its edited and formatted form, it will be accompanied online by any supplementary movies.
To read the full content of this article, please log in to download the PDF.
Methods and results Overall, 2737 Chinese patients eligible for coronary stenting were treated with BP- or DP-SES in a 2:1 ratio. Patients who were randomized to BP-SES group were additionally re-randomized to receive either 6-month or 12-month dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) in a 1:1 ratio. The primary endpoint was 12-month target lesion failure (TLF: cardiac death, target vessel myocardial infarction, or clinically indicated target lesion revascularization). At five years, overall follow-up rate was 90.8%, and the cumulative incidence of TLF as the primary endpoint was similar between BP-SES and DP-SES (hazard ratio [HR]: 1.01; 95% confidence interval [CI]: 0.79 to 1.28), as was that for patient-oriented composite endpoint (PoCE: all-cause death, all MI and any revascularization) (HR: 1.03, 95% CI: 0.86 to 1.23), or definite/probable ST (HR: 1.11, 95% CI: 0.70 to 1.77). Cumulative events also were similar between 6-month DAPT and 12-month DAPT groups after BP-SES implantation.
Conclusions I-LOVE-IT 2 has shown that the 5-year safety and efficacy of BP-SES and DP-SES were similar, as were those between 6-month and 12-month of DAPT after BP-SES implantations.
Sign in to read and download the full articleForgot your password?
Join us for free and access thousands of articles from EuroIntervention, as well as presentations, videos, cases from PCRonline.com