2. Interventional Cardiology, IRCSS-ISMETT-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Palermo, Italy
3. Cardiology Unit, Cardio-Thoracic-Vascular Department, University Hospital of Bologna, Policlinico S. Orsola-Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
4. U.O.C Cardiologia Diagnostica ed Interventistica, Fondazione C.N.R. Reg. Toscana G Monasterio, Massa, Italy
5. Cardiology Dept – Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK
6. Heart and Lung Center, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
7. Cardiology Unit, Cardio-Thoracic-Vascular Department, University Hospital of Bologna, Policlinico S. Orsola-Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
8. Interventional Cardiology, Ospedali Riuniti di Ancona, Ancona, Italy
9. Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Verona, Italy
10. Department of Cardiology, Mauriziano Hospital, Torino, Italy
11. Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
12. Interventional Cardiology, IRCSS-ISMETT-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Palermo, Italy
13. Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
As a public service to our readership, this article - peer reviewed by the Editors of EuroIntervention - has been published immediately upon acceptance as it was received. The content of this article is the sole responsibility of the authors, and not that of the journal or its publishers.
To read the full content of this article, please log in to download the PDF.
Methods and results:. The S3U Registry is a physician-led, post-approval, multicenter, observational registry of transfemoral TAVI with the SAPIEN 3 Ultra. New features include an improved sealing skirt, a 14F expandable sheath and a new delivery catheter. Overall, 139 consecutive patients at 9 participating centers were enrolled. Mean age was 81.4±8.3 years, average STS score 3.8±2.4%. The vast majority (97.2%) underwent TAVI with local anesthesia (28.8%) or conscious sedation (68.3%). Balloon pre-dilatation was performed in 30 patients (21.6%), post-dilatation in 3 (2.2%). In-hospital, there were no cases of death, stroke, conversion to open-heart surgery. Major vascular complications occurred in 3 patients (2.2%), as well as major or life-threatening bleedings (2.2%). There were 2 moderate (1.4%) and no moderate/severe paravalvular leaks. Median length of stay after TAVI was 3 days (IQR 3-5 days). At 30-day there were no deaths, MI, or strokes and the incidence of new permanent pace-maker was 4.4%.
Conclusions:. This first multicenter international experience of transfemoral TAVI with the SAPIEN 3 Ultra transcatheter heart valve shows excellent in-hospital and 30-day clinical outcomes.
Sign in to read and download the full articleForgot your password?
Join us for free and access thousands of articles from EuroIntervention, as well as presentations, videos, cases from PCRonline.com