Filter by title
In this section, you can access a concise compilation of published randomised trials in the field of interventional cardiology.
The selection criteria for consideration for inclusion are randomised trial design, clinical outcome as a primary endpoint, and publication in one of ten high-ranking medical journals, with a print publication date within the last 5 years.
The medical journals that have been selected for screening are New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, JAMA (including JAMA Cardiology), bmj, European Heart Journal, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Circulation, JACC Cardiovascular Interventions and Circulation Cardiovascular Interventions, EuroIntervention.The central areas of focus are interventions for coronary artery disease, antithrombotic therapies after myocardial revascularization, procedural aspects of PCI, and interventions for structural heart disease.
17 synthesised trials have been added this month to the full list:
- Sirolimus-eluting vs Everolimus-eluting stents for STEMI: BIOSTEMI
- First-generation SES vs new-generation EES: RESET 7 years
- Everolimus-Eluting vs Biolimus-Eluting stents with biodegradable polymers: SORT-OUT VIII trial
- Biodegradable polymer SES in STEMI: MASTER study
- Drug-coated balloon treatment in patients with high-bleeding risk: DEBUT
- Complete revascularisation with MV-PCI for MI: COMPLETE trial
- Standard vs ultrasound-guided radial or femoral access: SURF
- PCI for Chronic Total Occlusion: DECISION-CTO trial
- PCI vs CABG in patients with LM or 3-VD: 10 year follow-up: SYNTAXES trial
- 1 month DAPT followed by clopidogrel vs 12 month DAPT: STOPDAPT-2 trial
- Short term DAPT in patients with ACS: REDUCE Trial
- Genotype-guided strategy for P2Y12 inhibitors during PPCI: POPULAR Trial
- Ticagrelor in patients with diabetes and stable CAD and previous PCI: THEMIS-PCI
- P2Y12 inhibitor monotherapy vs DAPT after PCI: SMART-CHOICE trial
- Ticagrelor or Prasugrel in patients with ACS: ISAR-REACT 5
- Edoxaban vs Vit K antagonist anti thrombotic treatment in patients with AF and PCI: ENTRUST-AF PCI
- Ultrasound renal denervation or sham for hypertension: RADIANCE - HTN SOLO: 6 months